/>
If you {heart} Close To My Heart, then this challenge blog is for you! Please read our revised rules, above.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Welcome Our New Designers!

It's finally time to announce our new designers!  We are so excited about the creativity and talent that they are bringing to our team, and they can't wait to get started!  You'll see them soon, both here with their inspiration projects and on your blogs as they visit and comment.  Please join us in welcoming...

Sheila Bennett 
From the heartland of America, I'm excited to join the H2H Design Team and be challenged to be more creative, more often.  I love all the friendships and opportunities that I’ve had over the past 15 years with CTMH, and look forward to whatever the future brings.  In addition to being a CTMH consultant, I am also an independent designer for Origami Owl.


Becca Whitham
At this point in my life, I can be summed up in a few phrases: I am an empty-nesting Army wife, an Inspirational Historical Fiction author, a stamping and paper crafting addict, and a Chai tea lover. My husband joined the Army as a Chaplain back in 2009, and when he was walking out the door for a year-long deployment in 2010, he made me promise to do something about all the stories I'd written over the years. My first publication came out in 2015, and I'll be up to ten published stories by the end of this year. My husband and I have two grown children and a craft cabinet that I think the Army and the IRS should allow us to claim as a dependent still living with us. I'm thrilled to be part of the new H2H Design Team so I can put that craft cabinet to work.

Tamytha Jenkins
Hi there! My name is Tamytha Jenkins.  I live in Merritt Island, Florida, with my husband of nearly 25 years. I’m proud to be called mom by my 20 year old daughter and my 16 year old son and the human mom to two cats and two dogs. In order to feed all of these mouths (and help support my paper crafting habit and okay…a few other bills), I teach full time as a middle school science teacher and have done so for almost 15 years. 

I was introduced to scrapbooking when I was pregnant with my daughter and then discovered stamping soon after.  It’s been a huge part of my life ever since. I was fortunate enough to work and teach in both a stamping store and a scrapbooking store. Paper crafting also helped me overcome postpartum depression, as I had a friend practically force me to a retreat and after doing so, I realized just how therapeutic being creative was for me. On my next crop, in 2010, I ran into my former D.O.T.S. consultant and she gave me a Close To My Heart Idea Book. After drooling over it all night, I joined the next day. My only regret was taking nearly 10 years to make that decision.  Otherwise, I have loved every single minute being a part of Close To My Heart, including the life-long friends that I’ve made and creative opportunities like this one.

I’m so thrilled to be back on the H2H Design Team. I’ve been on the design team a couple of times in the past (2012 & 2013) and I can attest to how the challenges can stretch our creativity and move us out of our comfort zone if we allow it to do so. After selecting artwork to take with me to display for the Consultant Showcase at the CTMH Convention later this month, I became aware that many of my favorite (and most popular) pieces were created based on the challenges presented here. Very shortly afterwards, I saw the Design Team call and jumped at the opportunity again. I look forward to seeing what the challenges will bring out of me for the next six months. It is also my hope that you will join us and take the challenge…whatever it may be. 

Kelly Brandt
Good day y’all. My name is Kelly Brandt and I live in British Columbia,Canada,  with my hubby of 28 years, two great sons, and my 2 great four legged friends, my dogs. I have ben crafting for as long as I can remember but really became addicted to scrapbooking about ten years ago and that addiction has grown into my passion “sharing what I love, anything paper.”

I have been published numerous times in Creative Scrapbooker Magazine, taught classes at local scrapbooker stores, and have been a H2H Design Team Member in the past. Challenging myself to become a better crafter is one of my favourite things to do, I always encourage fellow crafters to look outside the box and try new things even if they are out of their comfort zone. That is how we learned grow. 

I am looking forward to being with this great group of crafty ladies at H2H, and also look forward to seeing everyone’s craftiness. 



4 comments:

Sue Bruch—From my Heart said...

Welcome to our new team members...awesome to have you aboard. I am looking forward to being inspired by your creations!
Sue-DT

Jody Gustafson said...

OMG...Ladies. So excited to see all you on the design team. Can't wait for all the inspiration coming our way.

Laurie Levorson said...

A hearty welcome to each of you! Looking forward to playing with you (I refuse to call crafting "work" LOL) on the H2H Design Team!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

What a FUNN new DT line up!
Congratulations, girls, and looking forward to seeing you strut your stuff!